Hi friends! I’m making an effort to blog more sessions in the coming days. This means I will be going back and posting many from the past year and lots of fun new stuff as well. Some posts will even be written by the baby’s parents for a bit of a change. I felt it would be nice to read about sessions from their point of view, or how life has changed since becoming a mom or dad! This round my beautiful friend Melissa wrote a letter to her perfect baby girl!
*leave a comment! 30 comments by tomorrow will earn them a free set of prints.
A letter to Clara from her mommy:
My Sweet Clara Lynn,
It’s hard to believe that you’re already two months old! It seems like we were bringing you home from the hospital just yesterday. This past month has been filled with lots of firsts. You’ve started to hold conversations, coo, track things with your eyes, and have found a new best friend Ellie the Elephant. We took you out to eat for the first time this month and you took your first round of shots like a champ, well sort of. This month you weigh 13 pounds and stand 23 ½ inches tall. Each day with you is an adventure and I’m so thankful that I’m your momma.
You’ve taught me so much these past two months and I can’t wait to see what the future holds. A few of the things I’ve learned from you are:
- It’s okay to cry when you’re feeling misunderstood.
- There are very few things a bath, clean clothes, and food can’t make better.
- Music really is magical. Even on your worst days a little James Taylor puts a smile on your face and calms you down almost instantly.
- What it truly means to love someone unconditionally, even if I’ve only known you for a short period of time.
- That 7 p.m. is always an acceptable bedtime.
- That time really does fly when you’re having fun!
- That the piece of my heart that has been empty for the past 10 years CAN feel whole again. I never thought I’d be as happy as I once was but you’ve shown me that’s not the case. After your Uncle George passed away I struggled to find a new normal, and when I did it wasn’t quite as joyful. Since you’ve been with us I’ve found myself feeling the way I used to when he was here. While I’m sad you won’t know the feeling of his almost too tight hugs, the way his smile could light up a room, and the sound of his laughter I promise you’ll know all about him and the way he loved others with his whole heart.
I hope you continue to keep letting me hold you and rock you to sleep!
Lot of love!
This session was so special to me, for many reasons, some that I won’t even share here. Missy and I have known each other since we were elementary aged. We were twirlers together, had sleep overs, and helped each other with school projects. She was one of my best friends. Seeing her become a mom, and then to be given the privilege of documenting that, has been one of the best feelings. You guys, I’m not even kidding when I say I have the best job. I’m tearing up while writing this, remembering her session and how special it all was.
Don’t forget to leave a comment! 30 comments by tomorrow will earn them a free set of prints. (client will pay shipping)
Be sure to click here to book your newborn and maternity sessions. It is never ever too early to get those set up! I’m currently booking about 3-4 months in advance. For more info on Houston newborn photography packages click here.